News for 2013/14:
* We're introducing another brand new model for the 2013/14 season! The Arctic Tern is our first ski designed primarily for the groomed snow with enough width and a touch of early rise to allow you to venture off the beaten track comfortably. Subject to change upon testing, but here are the early season details:
Lengths: 153, 162, 171, 180
Rocker: Minimal tip
Sidewalls: Natural Bamboo
Stiffness: To be determined in testing but it will be the stiffest ski we offer. Just like any of our skis, this one can be custom ordered
as stiff or as soft as you like.
* All skis have been redesigned with a tapered sidewall. We are now tapering the core before gluing on the sidewalls to allow the tapered design without compromising the thickness of the sidewall material. This change will reduce the amount of topsheet damage caused by skis hitting each other.
* All skis designed primarily for the resort (Powder Claws, GO•AT, Mobius, Arctic Tern) will now have Natural Bamboo sidewalls. The natural bamboo is harder, stiffer and has proved to be more durable. The BC skis will still use the Carbonized Bamboo due to its
lighter weight. Sidewall material is one of the many options on our Custom Ski Builder page.
* 7B Skis is on YouTube! Check out the 7B ski videos here: http://www.youtube.com/7bskis
* Looking to demo before you buy? The Ski & Ride Center at Schweitzer Mountain will once again be demoing our skis this season.